To submit your update/ correction request by post please CLICK HERE to download the correction form
|By sending request through post mode you can update below information|
1.Download the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form from the link (Click here)
2.Fill the Update request form in capital letters and mention the Mobile number correctly.
3. Registered Mobile number is mandatory for sending an update request by post.
4. Fill the form in English as well as Local Language
5. Fill the form with current details. There is no need to provide details that are no more valid. For example, if you want to update/correct your Name/Address just fill the New Name/ Address in the space provided in form. There is no need to provide old Name/ Address.
6. If you are correcting your Name. Write full name without salutations/titles. For example do not write Dr. /Mr. /Col. etc
7. If you are correcting Date of Birth. Fill in Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY format. You can update Date of Birth from Declared to Verified only once. In case your Verified Date of Birth is incorrect in the Aadhaar letter, you can get it corrected only once.
8. If you are correcting Address. Write complete address. The Aadhaar letter with updated address will be delivered at the given address only.
9. To include Guardian/ Parent/Spouse Name as part of the address, select the Address correction option. Then select appropriate box in C/o details and enter the name of the person in the subsequent field. C/o details can be updated as a part of Aaddress update.. It is not mandatory to provide C/O details while correcting you address in Aadhaar
10. You are required to fill the complete address and submit supporting PoA even if you want to update/correct only C/o details. It is ok if C/o details are not mentioned in your PoA document.
11. You must be available at the given mobile number for any clarifications. Status of application will be intimated by sending an SMS on this mobile number.
12. You do not have to submit all the proof documents. You have to submit only the document/s which is/are required to support the Change/ Correction.
For example you are not required to attach an Address proof if you are changing your Date of Birth or your Name.
13. Aadhaar letter with updated details will be delivered at the given address only in case of Update/Correction in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender.
14. Depending upon the information to be updated, send self-signed (self attested) supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List attached in Annexure I
a. Name Correction/Update – Requires submission of any one of the Proof of Identity(PoI) listed in “Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update”
b. Date of Birth Correction (DoB) – Requires submission of any one of the DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth Documents”
c. Address Corrections/Change – Requires submission of any one of the Proof of Address (PoA) listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address”
15. In case a child is below five years, parent/guardian can sign the copies of documents. In all other cases, the you must sign the copies of documents themselves
16. Mention Aadhaar Number on all copies of documents. Mention Type of Document (PoI/PoA/DoB) on the copy of the document
17. Mark the envelope as “Aadhaar Update/Correction” on top. Seal the envelope properly.
18. Send the Aadhaar Correction form along with the supporting documents to one of the addresses given in Annexure II.
Note : Submission of information for update does not guarantee update of Aadhaar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation. Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application and would attract penal provisions under prevailing laws